11.2.12

The Collection Has Begun.

   Ever since I was a little kid, I've always loved handheld electronic games. My dad died when I was young and one of the few things I remember about him was his love of video games. This was back in the late 70's to about the mid 80's, so his console gaming system was intellivision. He also had a few of the old Mattel Electronics handheld sports games. Baseball and Football are the two I remember him owning. This is probably why I love these kinds of games so much. I personally owned a Donkey Kong Jr. Game & Watch by Nintendo and a game called Go Sprout that was released as a promotional item for Green Giant vegetables. I had others but I can't really remember them.
   I've thought about collecting handhelds many times over the years but I never actually got around to doing it, until now. I don't know why now exactly, but I figure this is as good a time as any to start. I'll be using this blog to document and display the games I get my hands on. I'm thinking pictures, a short write up and maybe some videos of each game in action. I'll start with the few games that I already have in my possession, a replica Mattel football game and some really cheap games I found at Wal-Mart.
   I really like the Nintendo Game & Watch series but they tend to be pretty expensive, so I'm not gonna be picking any of them up anytime time soon. But I do plan on seeking them out when I have a little more cash flow or if I can get a crazy good deal. Another game I really wanna get my hands on is the Dungeons & Dragons handheld. I like the style of the late 70's early 80's games the most. Tomy Tronic and Mattel Electronics both have some really cool stuff floating around.
   So that's the basic game plan, hopefully I'll stick with it long enough to get a nice collection going. Or the A D D could kick in and I'll be on to the next project. We'll see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment